spotify

Search This Blog

Thursday 17 September 2020

Interview with Lachie A'rden

Lachie A'rden



What first got you into music ?
My kidney transplant I.had in 2002 failed and I went onto dialysis in 2018. By early 2029 this had forced me out of my job (at the time working from home was not accepted) so when I finished up my last client I decided I'd do something I enjoyed (for fun) and booked a DJ course. One thing led to another, i started producing, found I not only loved it but was quite good and have been obsessed with music ever since. I had no previous musical background or training.

Who Inspired you to create music ?
Music came to me at a difficult time in my life health wise and provided me with focus, positivity and happiness. My music is a.refection of this, very uplifting, feel good vibes.

What kind of music do you make?
Uplifting piano house / dance

What is your creative process like?
A sea of ideas that never feel i have enough time to get to. I would love to just write music all day every day but then nothing would get finished. When I sit down for a creative session I might write 3-5 songs in a few hours, take the best ones and share with the vocalists I work with. Once I have a vocal i will rework the instrumental to fit with the vocalists vision to create the final piece.

Who would you most like to collaborate with?
Wow, there are so many talented artists out there... I'd love to work with a band like The Killers or someone like Eddie Vedder. They have made some of my all time favourite songs and I'd love to make some modern piano house style tracks with them.

If you could go to an open show by any artist who would it be?
Kygo

What is one message you would give to your fans ?
Thank you for supporting me from the beginning. We're on a journey together and when you invest in something early and watch it grow the reward is far greater.

What is the most useless talent you have ?
I'm an excellent paper plane maker.

Do you sing in the shower? which songs?
Not really, I only sing when listening to music but then its everything!

What would you be doing now if it wasn't music
I had an 18 year career in management consultanting before starting in music but now that I have left it behind I think I would have to look.for something more creative. Perhaps interior design or architecture.

Where have you performed ? Favourite? Worst? Do you have any gigs coming up?
Ministry of Sound. Egg London. Many other small venues. I've never had a gig i didn't enjoy. I.just love playing music to a big crowd or to myself. It's a privilege to be able to do what you love every day.

How do you feel the internet has changed music ?
When I was growing up your favourite band might release once every two years. You valued those releases and learned to like the songs that weren't immediately appealing, these often became favourites with more layers and depth. Today album releases are becoming less common place and music is disposable, songs are becoming shorter and less layered. I look forward to a time when I've built my audience and I can indulge in longer more layered version of my music.

What is your favourite song to perform? *
One of my unreleased songs called Reaching Out as my closing track.

what famous musicians do you admire ?
Eddie Vedder. Taylor Swift (watch her doco) Brandon Flowers

whats the worst trouble you have been in?
Ive always been pretty straight to be honest...

whats the best ever advice you have been given ?
Listen more than you talk and value other ideas as much as your own.
If you could change anything about the music industry what would it be ?
Regulate many aspects of the industry including labels, contracts, gig bookings and so on so young artists are not taken advantage of.

Whats next for you ?
I have a huge schedule of new music to be released including songs with some incredible and well known vocalists which I am excited about. Then hopefully 2021 offers a better landscape for live music.




No comments:

Post a Comment