spotify

Search This Blog

Thursday 17 September 2020

Interview with Jasmine

Band Name

Jasmine



What first got you into music ?
I felt the need to express my feelings somehow so I started writing songs

Who Inspired you to create music ?
My mom is a very musical person, she has also made her own songs and was always playing the piano at home so I looked up to her and wanted to get into music myself. 

What kind of music do you make?
Pop music has always been my favourite genre and I think my music falls into that category as well. 

What is your creative process like?
Sometimes I just get a new melody in my head and come up with suitable lyrics to go with it. Usually I’ve already had the idea of the next song I wanna make, and when the melody hits me the lyrics come to me naturally. 

Who would you most like to collaborate with?
I want to make a song with my husband Cody! He featured in one of my earlier songs and we had a lot of fun doing that together. 

If you could go to an open show by any artist who would it be?
Seeing Taylor Swift live would be amazing.

What is one message you would give to your fans ?
Don’t be afraid to go after your dreams

What is the most useless talent you have ?
I have a great facial memory, don’t know how exactly to put that to good use 

Do you sing in the shower? which songs?
Any Adele songs

What would you be doing now if it wasn't music
I work fulltime in HR so music is a passion and a enjoyable hobby for me

Where have you performed ? Favourite? Worst? Do you have any gigs coming up?
I haven’t had any bigger gigs yet, I have performed at school and at smaller family events so far

How do you feel the internet has changed music ?
Everything is more available now and easier to access, even smaller indie artists have a better chance to be heard 

What is your favourite song to perform? *
My song Once in a lifetime

what famous musicians do you admire ?
Adele, Ava Max, the Weeknd, Taylor Swift, Ed Sheeran, Coldplay, Zayn, Maroon 5

whats the worst trouble you have been in?
Swimming with sharks in Australia

whats the best ever advice you have been given ?
Never go to bed angry

If you could change anything about the music industry what would it be ?
I wish it would be easier for indie artists to make it to bigger playlists on Spotify and reach more listeners

Whats next for you ?
Looking forward to working on new songs! 






No comments:

Post a Comment