spotify

Search This Blog

Saturday 20 January 2024

Artist Interview with conova

 

 
 
Band Name
 
Conova
 
What first got you into music ?
 
Family connections
 
Who Inspired you to create music ?
 
Originally it was my secondary school music teacher
 
What kind of music do you make?
 
Used to make classical but have now moved to more electronic
 
What is your creative process like?
 
Make an idea of piano, move it to logic and expand the idea out
 
Who would you most like to collaborate with?
 
JVKE
 
If you could go to an open show by any artist who would it be?
 
Jacob Collier
 
What is one message you would give to your fans ?
 
Thank you so much to you guys for all the support. It's been a real help as a new uni student to see that my work is being appreciated by friends, family and new people.
 
What is the most useless talent you have ?
 
I can wiggle just my left ear
 
Do you sing in the shower? which songs?
 
Phantom of the Opera really
 
What would you be doing now if it wasn't music
 
Either going into Law, History or Political science
 
Where have you performed ? Favourite? Worst? Do you have any gigs coming up?
 
My fav performance was playing in front of Prince William at Keswick with my old brass band. My worst performance was an open mic live night and could barely play a note 😂.
 
How do you feel the internet has changed music ?
 
Independent music ecosystems have been forced to merge into one mega pile of techniques and ideas.
 
What is your favourite song to perform?
 
As a teenager, I loved to play Chattanooga Choo Choo on the Cornet and it was my go to song.
 
what famous musicians do you admire ?
 
Ed Sheeran originally was inspiring for his journey but I admire the current fusion of classical and modern music that JVKE makes and the harmony that Jacob Collier brings forward.
 
whats the worst trouble you have been inthat your prepared to tell us about?
 
I did crash my car on my second day moving to uni
 
whats the best ever advice you have been given ?
 
If you think you're not doing well, just pretend that you are doing well. Soon you'll forget that you're pretending.
 
If you could change anything about the music industry what would it be ?
 
Making it more accessible and fair for everyone who is enthusiastic.
 
Whats next for you ?
 
Keep studying at university
 
Track link to latest music 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment