spotify

Search This Blog

Thursday 2 January 2020

Introducing Qwiet Type



Qwiet Type is a solo artist, songwriter and producer of his own music. While his genre has been tough to nail down with his music as a whole, his songs display a fusion of indie, alternative, pop, synth pop, experimental, electronica, new wave and even a touch of hip hop.

"I love music from all genres and decades.The music from my past and the music I love today seems to be coming out of me in such a blended way that I can't explain. I am not copying anyone, I am just releasing the music that's in my head on to my recordings the best I can" - Qwiet Type

Solo artist and producer Matt Powell AKA Qwiet Type has just released his most impressive single to date with Chains. We received this tune a few months ago and have been waiting patiently until it’s release to share it around. This one is as catchy as it gets. Brass central.

Chains is a pop number with some of the funkiest brass riffs I’ve heard in ages. It is so uplifting and vibrant from the get go. As soon as the first blast of brass came in, I was sold. Throw in a catchy lyrical hook to accompany and we have a beaut of a tune. Qwiet Type has tickled my fancy with this one.

It’s not often we find absolute hidden gems like this from our submissions. When we do it is the best feeling ever. I think I listened to this one about four times in a row after hearing it first. Finding new breakthrough artists like this reinforces what we are trying to do here at The Sound Sniffer. It is really important that blogs are still around to give these talented people the ears they deserve starting out. If I was a radio DJ, this track would be getting a spin everyday!

Industry press


Qwiet Type is a one-man project that, directly from his room, writes, composes, plays and produces his magnificent music. A magical fusion of styles that, as we can feel when playing " Shakedown ", touches us deeply, and truly sounds like something new.To me, this song touched me for exactly that reason: for having a new, engaging and magical sound, for having a voice that completes all this symbiosis of elements, and for being, besides striking, very well made. Qwiet Type was a beautiful surprise in a world where it is increasingly difficult to do things that have not yet been done, and I'm waiting for more.

-Chavininha word.




When I heard the funky bass line and sidesick together with the clap I was instantly hooked and when the brass stabs come in together with the vocals  WOW !! It's an amazing song definately a recipe for a winner. Nice use of silence and vocals for effect  

No comments:

Post a Comment